PA TRAC stands for The Pennsylvania Transfer and Articulation Center. It's an effort by the commonwealth of Pennsylvania to coordinate credit transfers among participating educational institutions. Carlow is one of those participating institutions -- you can see a whole list of the others on the PA TRAC site. You can even use our online calculator to see which credits from which schools you can bring with you to Carlow.
If you're a CCAC graduate, it's even easier than that. Provided you meet our admission requirements, your associate's degree lets you seamlessly slide right into Carlow University as a junior.
Here's a list of the CCAC majors and their equivalent Carlow majors. Even if you don't see your own CCAC degree listed here, you can always bring the degree you do have and come to Carlow as a Liberal Studies major.
CCAC students who transferred to Carlow prior to earning their
associate's degrees may be able to use Carlow credits toward the
degree. Your Carlow transcript is reviewed by CCAC to see what
courses can be transferred back to CCAC. Credits from both schools
are combined to fulfill the associate degree requirements at
CCAC. Click here for more
The Fine Print:
- Carlow University agrees to waive the application fee for all students who
apply after completing the Associate of Science or Associate of
- Carlow has an active and competitive financial aid program,
including transfer scholarships, Phi Theta Kappa and other
scholarships to assist qualified students.
- Students should work with CCAC transfer counselors as well as Carlow transfer counselors as early in their college career as possible
to plan properly.
- Graduates from CCAC must have a minimum cumulative 2.0 grade
point average (G.P.A.) and must meet all other admission and
eligibility requirements. Carlow has sole discretion in admissions
- Carlow University will accept all credits earned
with a "C" toward the Associate Degree up to a maximum of 88
- Specific course requirements, for selected programs must be
fulfilled as stipulated in each academic program's curriculum.
- CCAC graduates must complete a Carlow Signature Course.
- GPA is used to make admissions decision, but does not transfer.
The courses themselves transfer, but the grades do not.
- CCAC Graduates who meet the requirements of this agreement and
enter Carlow with at least 60 credits for an approved curriculum, can
enter Carlow with junior status.