Become an Invaluable Asset to Any Business with an Accounting
Accounting plays a vital role in every organization. Accountants
ensure that businesses are operating ethically and efficiently; are in compliance with state and federal regulations and taxation requirements; and are meeting the demands and challenges of our global economy. With an accounting degree in hand, your opportunities
in this field include positions in public accounting, corporations, small businesses, government, and nonprofit organizations.
In the accounting program, gain the knowledge and
experience needed to build your resume and prepare for the
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam and apply for other licenses
in the field.
Accounting program highlights
The bachelor's degree in accounting is a comprehensive study of the in-demand technical and soft skills organizations require. The program requires 36 credits in accounting and an inter-disciplinary curriculum with courses in information technology, business management and the liberal arts.
major provides you the opportunity to:
- Double major or minor by combining accounting with another
- Gain real-world experience in an internship, practicum, or
- Learn the newest accounting software and technologies
- Graduate faster and start your career earlier with a 3-year bachelor's degree
Pursue an accounting degree
The following accounting majors and programs are offered to develop skills in areas that interest any student.
Information about our accounting courses can be found in our course catalog. Add an accounting minor to your studies and learn basic accounting principles that apply to your desired field. (6 courses)
Graduate into career opportunities
An accounting degree will provide a career opportunity in virtually any industry. Accounting is a core operating function of any organization and an accounting degree will prepare you to contribute to this vital role. The Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a growth of 10% for accounting and auditing occupations.
Recent Carlow accounting graduates have gone on to work for a
variety of prestigious and well-known organizations.
- Grossman Yanak & Ford LLP
- Sisterson & Co. LLP
- BDO USA, LLP
- HBK CPA’s & Consultants
- E. G. Conley
- Schneider Downs & Co., Inc
Get started at Carlow
At Carlow, you'll find a community of talented, forward-thinking,
ethically-driven students and faculty who will support you through
your education. To learn more about what it is like to study at
Carlow, request more
information today. Or, apply now
online for free.
The Department of Management, Accounting Fraud and Forensics, and Justice Studies at Carlow University has been awarded the status of Candidate for Accreditation by the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. In granting candidacy status, the IACBE has determined that the business programs in the following degrees at the listed locations are eligible for accreditation:
Master's Level Programs
- Master of Business Administration, Department of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Fraud and Forensics, Department of Management
Bachelor's Level Programs
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Department of Accounting Fraud and Forensics
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management, Department of Management
- Bachelor of Science in Forensic Accounting, Department of Accounting Fraud and Forensics
- Bachelor of Science in Human Resource Management and Technology, Department of Management
Click here to learn more.