Transfer Student Aid


Traditional transfer students (those students transferring to Carlow who have graduated from high school within the past three years) may be eligible for scholarships and awards to attend Carlow.


Financial aid is awarded annually for one academic year. Continuation of an award requires an annual review of your financial need, based on that year’s need analysis formula, and academic progress which is reviewed each semester.

  • Step 1 - Apply to Carlow.
  • Step 2 - Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Carlow's school code is 003303. April 1 is the preferred filing date for returning students; May 1 is the preferred filing date for new students. 
  • Step 3 - Review all our financial aid options, including scholarship and grant opportunities.

After we receive your FAFSA results, you will receive a financial aid award letter. About one-third of students may be selected for verification by the U.S. Department of Education, which may require submission of additional documentation. You will be notified if any information is needed to complete your file. If you have any questions during this process, please contact us at 412.578.6389 or Our office is located in the Student Hub in Antonian Hall, 2nd floor. 

The sections below will help you learn about the different types of financial aid options available to Carlow transfer students:  

Note: Because of the nature of federal, state, and institutional guidelines affecting financial aid programs, the information contained in this website is subject to change.