President's Council on Equity, Inclusion and Community
Promoting inclusiveness in every aspect of our community
The Council advises the President regarding diversity issues and serve all the populations of the University community by recommending, monitoring and measuring the outcomes that will help achieve the objectives as outlined in the University’s strategic plan. Leveraging a networking and community model, the Council serves as the HUB for strategic alliances that will ensure that Carlow promotes inclusiveness in every aspect of our community.
Our newly restructured President’s Council on Equity, Inclusion and Community will be co-chaired by Bridgette Cofield, JD and Dr. Matthew Gordley, Dean of the College of Learning and Innovation. The mission for this Council is to promote collaboration and partnership by bringing together all facets of the student, faculty and staff experience to achieve the diversity and inclusion goals and objectives for Carlow University.
Advise, assist and lead collaboratively
The charge to this Council is to:
- Advise and make recommendations to the President on issues relating to diversity, equity, inclusion, and related their impact on academic learning and inclusive excellence.
- Assist with the review and development of goals, metric and strategic initiatives that support the University’s diversity and inclusion goals at all levels.
- Lead collaboratively across the Carlow Community to make progress towards achieving Carlow’s Strategic Plan as well as diversity, equity and inclusion goals at all levels of the University.
As we celebrate our accomplishments over the last 3 years, we are now looking to welcome a refreshed perspective and focus for the President’s Council on Diversity and Inclusion in 2020 with the new strategic plan, The Carlow Commitment.
Spring 2020 Membership
The Council consists of members from various areas across campus and the Carlow community to develop, enhance and sustain synergies and strategic partnerships. Accordingly, there is broad representation across the entire University, inclusive of faculty, staff, students, and with representatives from the alumni and community.
Co-Chair: Bridgette Cofield, JD
Co-Chair: Matthew Gordley, PhD
Faculty, Staff and Students:
Alumni and Community Partners:
- Melanie Byrom, MBA, Staff Council Leadership, Human Resources
- Bret Stiffler, MSLS, Staff Council
- Susan O’Rourke, EdD, UFA Leadership
- Tiffany Johnson, College of Health and Wellness
- Jaqueline Smith, Disability Services
- Kate O’Brien, Mercy Service
- Ryan S. Scott, MEd, Social Justice Institutes
- Olivia Bennett, Carlow Alumni, Class of 2018
- Sabrina Saunders Mosby, MS, CEO, Vibrant Pittsburgh, Inc., Class of 2011