For Graduate Students Applying to Carlow
- Completed online application
- Personal Essay (uploaded through the online application): Submit a personal essay of approximately 300 words (typed and double-spaced) discussing the following topics:
Resume or curriculum vitae (uploaded through the online application): Submit a current resume or curriculum vitae containing information on education, professional experience, membership in professional organizations, professional and academic honors, research and publication activities, and relevant public service activities, if applicable.Two recommendations: Recommendation letters and/or forms should appraise your academic, professional, and/or personal qualities. At least one letter should be from a person who can attest to your aptitude for graduate work/leadership.
- Short-term and long-term goals.
- Reasons for seeking graduate study in the specialty you have selected.
- The strengths and skills you will bring to the graduate program.
- How do you plan to use your degree once you have completed the program?
Official transcripts: Request official transcripts from all previous undergraduate and graduate institutions. Although a GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is preferred, some programs may require a higher GPA. Official transcripts should be sent directly from degree-granting institutions to Graduate Admissions through their electronic delivery service or by mail in sealed envelopes.International students: Submit results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).Interview: After application is complete, a personal interview may be scheduled, if applicable.
- You will be asked to supply the names and contact information for your recommenders as part of the online application process. An email will be generated to those individuals to complete an online reference form and upload an additional letter of recommendation, if desired.
Supporting documentation not uploaded through the application (e.g. official transcripts, TOEFL scores) should be submitted to:
3333 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213