FOR GRADUATE STUDENTS APPLYING TO CARLOW
1. Personal Essay: Submit a personal essay of approximately 300 words (typed and double-spaced) discussing the following topics:
- Short-term and long-term goals.
- Reasons for seeking graduate study in the specialty you have selected.
- The strengths and skills you will bring to the graduate program.
- How do you plan to use your degree once you have completed the program?
2. Resume or curriculum vitae: Submit a current resume or curriculum vitae containing information on education, professional experience, membership in professional organizations, professional and academic honors, research and publication activities, and relevant public service activities, if applicable.
3. Two recommendations: Recommendation letters and/or forms should appraise your academic, professional, and/or personal qualities. At least one letter should be from a person who can attest to your aptitude for graduate work/leadership. Share the link to the Graduate Recommendation Form and have your colleague/faculty/supervisor(s) submit it.
Our graduate Psychology programs have unique recommendation forms located on the program web pages.
4. Official transcripts: Request official transcripts from the regionally accredited institution where you obtained your bachelor’s degree, as well as from any regionally accredited institution(s) where you completed graduate courses or programs. A GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is preferred. Official transcripts should be sent directly from degree-granting institutions to Graduate Admissions and arrive in sealed envelopes.
5. International students: Submit results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) to the Carlow University Center for Global Learning.
6. Interview: After application is complete, a personal interview may be scheduled, if applicable.
Forward application materials to:
3333 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213