Scholarships and awards
Carlow University discounts
City of Pittsburgh Discount | 20% of tuition
Carlow offers City of Pittsburgh employees and their spouses or partners a 20 percent tuition discount. Annual verification of employment must be provided by the City of Pittsburgh Human Resources Department. Download Employment Verification Form
Graduate students enrolled in a graduate degree program may be eligible to apply for scholarships to attend Carlow. A limited number of funded scholarships listed below are available for graduate students who demonstrate financial need and who enroll at Carlow University as new graduate students in the fall of 2019. Remember! All students who receive a named/endowed scholarship must fill out a gratitude profile.
Click here for information about scholarships available for the 2019-20 academic year, including an application. The application deadline is August 5, 2019.
Scholarships are listed in alphabetical order, by first name.
- Eva Tansky Blum Women of Spirit® Scholarship: The Blum Scholarship is intended for a female graduate student who has overcome challenges and adversity in her life.
- Crescent Eddy Fuhrer Memorial Scholarship in Graduate Nursing: Endowed by Frank Fuhrer in memory of his mother, Crescent Eddy Fuhrer, this need-based scholarship is intended for a student pursuing a Master’s Degree in Nursing.
- Graduate endowed Scholarship: Made possible through a grant from an anonymous donor, this scholarship is intended for students with financial need who are pursuing a graduate degree.
- Hannah T. Clawson Endowed Scholarship: Endowed by former faculty member and administrator, Shirley Clawson Arnold, in loving memory of her mother, the Hannah T. Clawson Endowed Scholarship is intended for an academically deserving student with financial need in a graduate program.
- Marie C. Jennings Memorial Women of Spirit® in Graduate Nursing: Established by Marie C. Lowry, 1994 Woman of Spirit®, this scholarship is designated for a graduate student in the School of Nursing in need of financial support.
- PNC Charitable Trusts Graduate Scholarship: Made possible through a grant from PNC, this scholarship is intended for students with financial need who are pursuing a graduate degree.
Profession specific resources
As a graduate student, it is also worth your time to apply for outside scholarships. Scholarships defray your costs significantly, because they don't require repayment. Both new and returning students are encouraged to apply for outside scholarships. Start your search by checking with professional organizations in your field and the listings below. The list is not exhaustive but is intended to help you begin your search. Once you begin your studies at Carlow, check MyPortal [login required] periodically. Scholarship opportunities may be listed there under the Announcements or Financial Aid pages.
Back to top
Back to top
Back to top
- Patient Advocate Foundation: Students under the age of 25, who have been diagnosed with or treated for cancer and/or a chronic/life threatening disease within the past five years
- Patsy Takemoto Mink Education Foundation: Low-income, female student
- The Pennsylvania T.E.A.C.H. Scholarship: The Pennsylvania Child Care Association (PACCA) offers a variety of T.E.A.C.H. Scholarships to meet the needs of the early care and education workforce.
- Pittsburgh Foundation: Various
- Public Health Online: Student in health or healthcare related field
- Rising STARS Tuition Assistance Program: The Rising STARS Tuition Assistance Program, administered by PA Keys, pays 95% of tuition costs for eligible college coursework taken by early learning professionals, with a maximum benefit of $6,000 per individual each fiscal year (July 1 through June 30). The program covers tuition costs only and does not include books, materials, or fees.
- Rosen & Ohr Scholarship Program $1,000 Scholarship: Student whose life has been affected by an accident - Undergrad & Grad
- Scholarship Program for Visual Art Excellence - USA - Canada: $1,000 Scholarship for Undergraduate or Graduate. Students majoring in fine arts, graphic design arts, visual arts, graphic communications, or any other Visual art design program
- Scholarship Available through PAC-TE (Pennsylvania Association of Colleges and Teacher Educators): The PAC-TE Executive Directors’ Scholarship is an annual scholarship awarded to a deserving Undergraduate or Graduate Student pursuing teacher certification at a college or university in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania who has a GPA of 3.5 or higher. The monetary amount of the scholarship is anticipated to be $1,000.
Back to top
Back to top
Note: Because of the nature of federal, state, and institutional guidelines affecting financial aid programs, the information contained in this website is subject to change.