Before You Arrive, Review Your Checklist:
- Health History/Immunization
Carlow University requires all incoming, full-time, traditional-age students (first-year and transfer) to complete and return a Health History/Immunization Documentation Form. The immunization portion must be signed by a health care provider. The entire form must be completed and submitted prior to your arrival. Resident students will not be permitted to move into the resident halls if this form has not been submitted.
HEALTH HISTORY/IMMUNIZATION FORM [pdf]
- Meningitis Vaccination
All students, prior to moving into the residence hall, must have received vaccination against meningococcal disease or have signed a written waiver. All residents are required to sign a statement prior to moving onto campus indicating that they have complied with these requirements.
- Student Athlete Medical Forms
Student athletes are required to complete and submit health forms that you receive from the Department of Athletics. Complete and return the Athletic Waiver at the Testing/Registration program you attend or prior to your arrival.
MEDICAL FORMS FOR STUDENT ATHLETES
Read the Common Reader and Complete the Assigned Prompt
Each year a committee of Faculty, Staff, and Students select a Common Reader to assign as the first assignment traditional incoming students receive. These books are meant to make students think, as well as serve as a great opportunity to engage in meaningful conversations with peers. Along with this required read for over the summer, comes a required prompt. More information on this will be made available to new students in the Orientation Mailing.
Housing/Food Service Agreement
Each student who resides in the residence hall is required to sign the Housing/Food Service Agreement available through the online housing interface. Please read the agreement carefully. Your contract must be on file in order to move into the residence hall.
Financial Aid Completion
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) should be completed and received at the federal processor by April 1. If you missed the deadline, you must file the FAFSA immediately. After May 1, penalties may occur, sometimes resulting in significant reductions in aid, so act as quickly as possible. You must add Carlow University to your FAFSA in order to receive an award package. Carlow University code: 003303. Fill out the FAFSA.
- Federal Direct Student Loan Master Promissory Note completed online.
- Entrance Counseling completed online.
- If requested, Carlow Verification Worksheet and 2017 federal tax returns must be sent to the Financial Aid Office within 30 days of the request.
Verification Worksheet [pdf]
Submission of Official Final High School Transcript
Forward an official final transcript to the Office of Admissions.
Mail to: Carlow University, Office of Admissions, 3333 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213.
Parking and Bus Passes for Commuter Students
Please go to student parking
for complete instructions regarding the parking and transportation process.
Plan for Expenses
Please plan for funding to cover college supplies and recreational activities during the semester. We recommend $350-$500 for experiencing social activities around Pittsburgh as well as books
and classroom supplies.
You are confirmed as a Carlow enrollee only if you have paid your balance due for the semester or have selected a monthly payment plan and are up-to-date on your payments for the current semester. You must be confirmed in order to be officially enrolled at the University, move into the residence halls, and start classes. Contact student accounts
with any questions.