College of Learning and Innovation
Faculty Research, Publications, and Honors
2016/2017 Academic Year
Presented a paper in Boston on November 18 at the annual meeting of the American Academy of Religion and Society of Biblical Literature entitled “Deixis, Mimesis, and the Imaginal World of Early Christian Hymns."
- solo exhibition through Chashama at 470 Vanderbilt in Brooklyn
Aug 12- 31.
- solo exhibition at Fairmont State University August 14th - Sept
- Completed article in the upcoming University of Chicago
publication "Into the City," a history of art in Chicago, to be
published in 2018
- Curated MLK to MARCH, for the August Wilson
Center of African American Culture - will travel to Princeton
University this Fall.
- Delivered a lecture on her current research at Duquesne
University Center for Interpretive and Qualitative
- will have an article in the upcoming University of Chicago publication "Into the City," a history of art in Chicago, to be published in 2018
- Two-person exhibition with Bill Debernardi, at Boxheart
Gallery, Aug 22nd - Sept 22nd
- Teabowl National, Bredin-Lee Gallery, Kansas City, MO, Oct 6-31
- Received two new invitationals: Rust Belt Invitational, Pittsburgh, November 2017; Functional Ceramics 2018, work by 20 ceramic artists from across the country, April 2018.
- Research Poster Presentation:
Three Rivers Evolution Event - University of Pittsburgh - 9/8/2017
Title: Waterfowl Migration Chronology and Associated Wetland Food Production at Great Swamp National Wildlife Refuge
- Awarded the Outstanding Wildlife Chapter Member Award from the MD/DE State Chapter of The Wildlife Society, presented on 9/20/2017
The Department of Chemistry has received a major instrumentation grant from the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) under the Stevenson-Wydler Technology Innovation Act. The chemistry department has received an Agilent Gas Chromatograph/Mass Spectrometer (GC/MS) instrument with autosampler and autoinjector, valued at over $90,000. The instrument will find extensive use in the chemistry program curriculum and in mentored undergraduate research projects.
Jackknife: New and Selected Poems. University of Pittsburgh Press. January 2017.
Hirsh, Rae Ann
- Hirsh, R. (2017). Creativity: Cultural capital in the mathematics. Encyclopedia on Creativity, Invention, Innovation, & Entrepreneurship Vol 2. Online
- 2017 - 2018 AY PA Keys/OCDEL Infant and Toddler Grant
Llewellyn, Marilyn J
Spirituality and Pedagogy: Being and Learning in Sacred Spaces
(Wisdom of Practice); ISBN: 978-0997648805. Publication Date: 03/31/2017. Publisher: Learning Moments Press
- Comcast People's Choice Award Create Festival - Pittsburgh Technology Council
- Top 10 Education & Gaming Idea 2017 Pittsburgh Technology Council.
- Fides Grant: First Aid kits for Nicaraguan schools
- Grace Ann Geibel Grant: Teacher special needs education training in Uganda
- Wilmette Rotary: Grant for clean water for Kanyanga, Uganada
- The International Society of Wheelchair Providers invited Professor O'Rourke to speak about her international work in special education at their meeting in Pittsburgh on Monday, February 12, 2018.
"Emphasizing Instructor Presence in Digital Learning Environments." D'Agustino, Steven, ed. In Creating Teacher Immediacy in Online Learning Environments. IGI Global, 2016.
1. "Assimilation or Integration? Intersections of Immigration and K-13 Education Policies in Post-Charlie France." In the 23rd International Conference of Europeanists. Ces, 2016.
2. “The White Racial Frame in Educational Leadership,” was published this month with Teachers College Record. In addition, her paper, "Racial Literacy for Ethical School Leadership" was accepted for inclusion in the 2018 AERA Annual Meeting in New York City.
- giving a paper at the National Women's Studies
Association conference in Baltimore, November 17-19, 2017. The topic is
"Reframing the Narrative: Teaching Hanan Ashrawi's Poetics of
- giving a paper at the Worldwide Forum in Rome,
November 29, on Ashrawi's poetry.
- article "Tradition and Subversion in The Girl with the Dragon
Tattoo" will be published in the journal Studies in Crime Writing
- recently presented a paper entitled "Voices of the Future: Teaching Hanan Ashrawi's Poetry" at the Worldwide Forum on Education and Culture in Rome, Italy.
- Along with Anne Rashid and Judith Touré recently presented papers at the National Women's Studies Association Conference in Baltimore, MD
Keef E, Zhang LA, Swigon D, Urbano A, Ermentrout GB, Matuszewski M, Toapanta FR, Ross TM, Parker RS, Clermont G. Discrete dynamical modeling of influenza infection suggests age-dependent differences in immunity. Under review, J Virol, 2017.
Keef E. Interactions between the immune system, influenza A virus, and bacterial pneumonia. Dissertation, University of Pittsburgh, 2016.
Mochan-Keef E, Swigon D, Ermentrout GB, Clermont G. A Three-Tiered Study of Differences in Murine Intrahost Immune Response to Multiple Pneumococcal Strains. PLoS One. 2015;10: e0134012.
Price I, Mochan-Keef E*, Swigon D, Ermentrout GB, Lukens S, Toapanta FR, et al. The inflammatory response to influenza A virus (H1N1): An experimental and mathematical study. J Theor Biol. 2015;374: 83–93. [*co-first authorship]
Mochan E, Swigon D, Ermentrout GB, Lukens S, Clermont G. A mathematical model of intrahost pneumococcal pneumonia infection dynamics in murine strains. J Theor Biol. 2014;353: 44–54.
Exertional Heat Illness Among Secondary School Athletes; Jill Rodgers, DNP, CSN, FNP-BC, Peggy Slota, DNP, RN, FAAN, Beth Zamboni, PhD; The Journal of School Nursing; First published date: April-23-2017; 10.1177/1059840517706104