Carlow Awards & Grants
- College in High School Award: $2000/year for full-time traditional students who successfully complete (grade of C or better) a transcripted Carlow University-College in High School course.
- Diocese of Pittsburgh, Catholic High School Award: * $2500/year for traditional full-time, first-year students who attended and graduated from a Catholic high school within the Diocese of Pittsburgh.
- Diocese of Pittsburgh, Catholic School Award: * $5000/year for traditional full-time, first-year students who attended Catholic schools from 1st through 12th grade within the Diocese of Pittsburgh.
* Eligible students receive either the $2500 or $5000 Catholic award.
- Catholic High School Award: $2000/year for traditional, full-time students who are graduates of Catholic high schools outside of the Diocese of Pittsburgh.
Students may qualify for the following Grants, as determined by need according to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid and Carlow’s financial aid packaging policy. Amounts vary based on need with a maximum of $2,000 per grant.
- Out-of-State Grant: Full-time, traditional students residing out of state.
- Family Member Grant: Two or more members of the same family who are simultaneously enrolled as full-time, traditional students.
- Legacy Grant: Children of alumni (completed a Carlow degree at Carlow University) who are enrolled as full-time, traditional students.
- Courtesy Grant: Nieces, grand-nieces, nephews, grand-nephews, sisters, and brothers of a living Sister of Mercy who are enrolled as full-time, traditional students. Limited to one family member per academic year.
- City of Pittsburgh Grant: Dependent children of City of Pittsburgh employees.
Note: Because of the nature of federal, state, and institutional guidelines affecting financial aid programs, the information contained in this website is subject to change.